Thursday, August 13, 2009

Nope, no pix

Okay, so, despite the lack of visual aid, I thought it would be wise to update my knitting activities--and revive my nearly-dying blog spirit. Hah.

Okay, so as far as knitting goes, I've finally gotten some Noro to work with, and I love it! One skein was Aran/Worsted weight and I made a hat out of it (have I posted about this before, I don't know) which I love! The sock yarn, I'm doing the same thing, except on US 3 needles, so the going is slow.

I'm using some surprisingly soft acrylic to make the VW hat (check it out on Rav) for my bro. I made one already--which turned out too big (my first real lesson in gauge), so I had to size down 2 needle sizes--I'm working on 5's now, which still doesn't get gauge, so I have to watch it. I'm adjusting the size as I go.

Also on the needles is the slouchy hat bag (which you can also Rav), which I am making out of Suri Dream yarn from KnitPicks. I like the yarn, but I should have realized how "Chrismas-y" the colors would look--green and red, can you imagine?. The bag is going to be both of those colors, so I don't know what I'm going to do about that.

I'm in the midst of designing a black-and-red stripped hoodie vest for myself. It's pretty much improvise-as-you-go, and I'm not taking any notes, so it's not going to be posted anywhere or anything. Aside from pix here when it's done!

The socks are still a WPI, as are the gray mittens. There are a couple of other very minor projects which I won't dare mention, but that's about it for now!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

petitevache said...

oooo i'm so jealous of your new Noro, i've been wanting to try it for ages now but it's trop cher for me at this point. it's good to hear you're still knitting, and maybe soon i'll have a few more patterns for you to test knit, if you're up to it :)

~petitevache