Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Etc.

Finally, here is the link for Detainglers. For pics, see the link and my previous post...

Secondly, here is my latest test pattern, Rainbow Bobbles Bag. I think it's pretty darn cute, don't you? Right now, I'm using the one I made as my purse. I don't like big purses anyway, so if you're that type of person too, or if you just like cute little bags...or...maybe you need to store your D&D dice (you know who you are!), this is the right little project. I turned it out in about 2-3 hours. Perfect if you're watching a movie or whatever.




The second is a little illusion knit tote bag called Lucky Stars on Rav. I had fun knitting it because I got to see the illusion star take form. I would stop once or twice a row, turn the knitting flat, and look along it to see how the star was coming along. I'm making a black and white one here pretty soon :)




I've been working on the Resurrected Socks (as they will heretofore be called). I actually ripped the one I was nearly done with because the bind off was Way Too Tight and wouldn't fit over my heel. This one is top down and pretty simple so far. I was going to work a pattern into it, but decided not to because it wasn't looking right at all. So I ripped back about 5 rounds and continued in plain stockinette. They're being knitted in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock 'Envy', by the way, which not only reminds me of yummy summer squashes each time I dwell on the colors, but also has very good stitch definition. I like that because I'm knitting on US size 0 needles and the stitches are nice, tiny, and cute.

Also, I've picked up my Clapotis again. I dropped my first stitch today. Other than that, the pattern is pretty straight forward and simple. I plan on listening to some old 'Suspense' recordings tonight while I knit it. I want to get it done by Father's Day. We're going to a parade with some friends and I want to show it off--at least in the morning before it gets too hot.

Tomorrow morning I'll take pix and post them. The more bright, natural light the better and the morning is perfect for that.

I'm kind of slow working on the socks because I want to be able to knit them while watching the parade. It's the second WWKIP (World Wide Knit In Public) day for this year. There's two because they're switching the day from the 2nd week of June to the 3rd, because the 3rd week is also National Needlework Week, or something like that. I'm so glad I 'caught' it in time to participate! Well, I won't be grouping with other knitters (I don't know any around here) like other WWKIPers will, but at least I will be Knitting in Public!

It's almost a super-power ;)

That's all for tonight.

Happy Fiber-Working Goodness to You!

--NerdyNunchucks/NoobyKnitter

No comments: