Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Socks

Okay, well, I haven't started them yet, but I got the yarn and needles from Alpaca Direct today. I'm going to have to curb myself and not start them until I've finished my Ms Babs sweater. Why? Well, this Merchant Marine scarf refuses to be put down! It's like a needy pet. 'Finish me!' it cries. 'But...' I reply. 'Finish! Please! It'll only take a little time!' And thus I've knitted all day for 2 days in a row, go to work today, and guess what I do when I get home? You got it. The scarf calls.

But it's nearly the right length, now. I'll finish it tonight. I can actually start the end edgings anytime I want right now.

I know; you want the pix that I keep promising. Well, I'm having a hard time getting that together, so Sunday, probably, will be the Coming of the Pix. Seriously.

Well, I need to find the first sock pattern I'm going to use. I think (I haven't looked around yet, but I think) I'm going to use a generic toe-up sock pattern with a ribbed cuff. But most likely, I'll get to the cuff and decide that I want to do something different and incorporate a cable or different rib or something. Which is fine, so long as they fit!

Anyway, time to straighten my Knitting Room and clean out the last bit of scrambled stash that's in here. I think I've got another tub downstairs with random bits of stuff in it that I'll have to sort out later, but not right now.

And I promise Pix on Sunday!

Happy Knitting, and Good Night!

No comments: