Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hello, hello, again!

Alright, so stuff is going on in the knitting realm... and in the other realms affected by it. My progress on my dad's knucks is significant; I'm 5 rows away from actually beginning the body of the first one. I couldn't get a good pic, otherwise there would be one. My camera only takes good pictures in natural, outdoor lighting...and it's cold out there and may rain any second. I don't want to subjugate my knitting to that. No, really, I'm just lazy.

I've finally convinced my brother to stop borrowing my failed VW hat for when he goes out in the cold and to let me make him one. He wants one with a 'slime face' on it..... meaning, basically, a hat that looks like the slime I made before. See previous posts.

I theroughly enjoy all of the knitting blogs I read. I get to go through projects without actually making them, through the experiances of other knitters. A terrific learning experiance, if you ask me.

I have some Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in gray heather that I want to use up. It's almost a full ball. I'm thinking of designing a nice cowl, but then again, Lamb's Pride is a bit scratchy for up close to the neck. I mean, usually I don't mind that, but I thinks something else may be in order. Perhaps a felting project? Probably not. I'm scared to death of felting!

Anyway, that's all for now...

No comments: